Thursday, November 19, 2009

story of cool

they found a finger in a barbecue i think it was mine. a week ago it i lost it i don't remember much of that day. the news is all over it and they traced the meat back here. and now they are slowing the production lines till the lawyers and the news slowly forget about the kid. also they don't care to look to see who is missing a finger people are lost in here and most have lost there fingers any way no way of telling.
i get back to my spot and see the cadavers strung up and moving my way. they are like swinging swaying in the wind but there isn't any here. it is really slow today. I'm waiting and waiting. I'm doing what i always do why is it different now.

finally i grab it and it is cold as always. do the same thing use the saw and cut down from the center and pull out.cut down from the center and pull out. cut down from the center and pull out. i notice the sound now it all seems louder ,slower and dirty than before. i here the screams and shrieks echo and they seem to to round the corners and hit me. they travel from where the belt starts and finally again hit me. i look at that chain and blood all mixed.the blood drips and i look in front of me.

i see my self. a reflection on this big container that i always thought where they put the garbage or the stuff form the inside. then i look down the belt and see no one. and in front there is me then my other side no one. all is me and the cadavers on the chains. coming to me and seeing my self and i have the saw.look at the chain carrying all of them. i stand on the black conveyor belt and cut the chain. i don't know what I'm doing. i cut i feel the rattles and it feels.
the cadavers all fall nearly at the same time with a crash and the belt stooped the screams stopped it all stopped.

i looked around no one was there just me. so i left it and there really was no one.

1 comment:

  1. jeeze louise.

    this is intense! it reminds me of one of the scenes from "Our Daily Bread". i think this story might be an allegory for how you see life -- everyone is going through the motions, being processed and mutilated by the system, like corpses in a slaughterhouse.

    as morbid as your story is, it's compassionate and moving. great job!

    keep cutting the chains >:D

    love you <3<3

    ReplyDelete